This fresh cherry mojito is a great cocktail to make when cherries are in season. They have just the right amount of sweetness and tartness for this mojito. I also love the deep red color the cherries give this fresh cherry mojito. We love to make mojitos with fresh produce. Strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, and even cucumbers are delicious! Our favorite though is a mango mojito. We sometimes add a flavored vodka along with the rum to really punch up the flavor. Feel free to add cherry vodka in place of some of the rum in this recipe.
All you need to make this drink are fresh cherries, lime, mint, rum and soda water. You may want to add simple syrup for a touch of sweetness if you find the drink too sour. I like to use stevia in my simple syrup to cut back on the sugar and calories for drinks. Simple syrup is very easy to make, just boil equal parts of water and sugar (or stevia) until it dissolves. You will want to do this ahead of time so the syrup can cool before you place it in the glass.
Fresh Cherry Mojito Tips & Variations:
- Use a straw to pit cherries. Simply push the straw through the cherry and the pit will pop right out.
- I like to use a mason jar to make this mojito in. It is a nice way to showcase the beautiful rich red color the cherries give the drink.
- Try using basil in place of the mint for a nice variation of the classic mint in a mojito.
- Grow your own mint in a pot outside, it’s super easy to care for and it can not only be used for mojitos, but salads and other recipes too!
- You could adapt this recipe to make a pitcher of mojitos. Just multiply out the ingredients by 4 and muddle and mix into a bowl; then pour into a pitcher.
Fresh Cherry Mojito
- 1/2 Lime (quartered)
- 2 Sprigs Mint
- 8 Cherries (pitted)
- 2 oz. Rum
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup (optional)
- 2 oz. Soda Water or Seltzer
- Muddle the lime, mint and cherries.
- Add crushed ice to the glass.
- Add the rum and simple syrup (if using). Mix to combine and top off with soda water.